Like any good traveler, you will be sure to check the dates of your last vaccine in your vaccination and, if in doubt, you will consult your doctor.
- Immunization against yellow fever is mandatory for entry into Guyana. You must present your certificate at the customs control.
- You should also update other mandatory vaccines (tetanus and polio).
- Vaccines against hepatitis A and B, are recommended.
Preventive treatment against malaria is to see your doctor, depending on the area of your residence (see map).
Taking aspirin against headache or fever is not recommended (it is strictly against-indicated in case of Dengue fever). Think Paracetamol.
During the journey
- Protect yourself from mosquitoes in areas at risk (protective clothing, repellents, bednets).
- Continue if it was undertaken, the treatment against malaria.
- Consult a doctor promptly in case of fever.
After the trip
- Continue if it was undertaken, the anti-malarial treatment according to medical prescription.
- Consult your doctor if fever or unexplained symptoms, and inform your stay in South America.
- Repellents against mosquitoes (DEET product)
- Analgesic: Paracetamol
- Antiseptic and calming digestive transit (Loperamide)
- Skin dressings and antiseptics
- Pest cream
- Preventive treatment against malaria if necessary
- Your usual medications
- The Medical Center of the Pasteur Institute (CMIP) in Paris
The 0033.(0)890.710.811 is an interactive voice response system that allows travelers to give advice specifically tailored to their destination.
> Website of the CMIP
- Pasteur Institute of French Guiana
Tel : 00.(0)594.292.600
> Website of the IPG
- Direction of the Health and the Social development of French Guiana
Tel : 00.(0)594.255.300
- Hospital Center of Cayenne
Tel : 00.(0)594.395.050
- SAMU 973
Tel : 00.(0)594.395.200 (do the 15 or 112 from French Guiana)
- Medical and Surgical Center in Kourou
Tel : 00.(0)594.327.676
- Hospital of the West French Guiana
Tel : 00.(0)594.348.888
- Regional Observatory of Health of French Guyana
Tel : 00.(0)594.297.800
Last Updated on Monday, 10 November 2014 00:28