Welcome to French Guiana, where the average temperature around 26 ° C, weighted by the trade winds that cool the coast and inland. Guyana is bordered to the east by Brazil and west by Suriname. The site on which the airport is built is on the Common Matoury at 13 km instead of the Chief Cayenne, and 65 km from the Kourou Space Center.
You will find on site taxis to take you directly to Cayenne, which is easily accessible by expressway. It takes about half an hour's drive to enter the Central Hotel.
Cayenne airport was built in 1943. The name of Rochambeau is awarded in memory of Jean-Baptiste de Rochambeau, commanding the French troops who took part alongside the Marquis de La Fayette in the War of Independence of the United States of America.
The terminal has an area of 10 000 m2 which can accommodate jumbo jets simultaneously 3 and up to 600,000 passengers per year.
- Parking: Free first 15 minutes
- Places are reserved for disabled persons at P2 Central, which allows them to have direct access to the inputs of the terminal
Equipment and Services
Fully air-conditioned equipped with Wi-Fi, the terminal offers travelers various services.
- 1 Duty Free Shop,
- 2 stands institutions (Office of Tourism and CNES-CSG)
- 3 travel agencies,
- 1 Stand and news.
- 1 car park vehicle fee "long term" and "short" with a total capacity of 518 seats,
- 1 car hire 146 people.
- 1 freight station with an area of 2500 m2
Franchises baggage and cabin:
- AIR GUIANA
5 Kg cab, 10 kg in the hold.
- AIR FRANCE
12 Kg in the cabin, 25 or 40 kg in the cargo according to the class of travel.
AIR FRANCE company registration begins for long-haul flights from 11am.
Access boarding lounge 1:30 advised before takeoff.
- AIR CARIBBEAN
5 Kg cabin in the hold 20 Kg
5 Kg cabin in the hold 30 Kg
- Less 5 pm in summer (April to October)
- Less 4 h in winter compared to metropolitan France
The climatic seasons
- A dry season between July and December and the month of March,
- A period of showers alternate with the sun from January to February,
- A rainy season from April to June
International airports closest
- International Airport Zanderij (Suriname)
- International Airport Macapá
- The Airport Authority of the State of Amapá (Brazil).
Last Updated on Monday, 10 November 2014 00:13